Are you a graduate student or postdoctoral researcher looking to validate your idea with the purpose of finding business or commercial value in what you are pursuing?
Application date now extended to November 19th, 11:59pm PST
Lab2Market is a nationwide program that helps brilliant minds in STEM graduate and postdoctoral programs reimagine their futures. Throughout the program, you will discover a passion for entrepreneurship, build an entrepreneurial skill set, and connect with the network you need to turn your idea into successful businesses.
Lab2Market Validate is your opportunity to test and evaluate your idea in an entrepreneurial landscape. Lab2Market Validate is a national program and is now being offered across British Columbia in partnership with entrepreneurship@UBC and SFU VentureLabs.
- Learn and practice entrepreneurial skills focused on market research, customer discovery, IP/patent landscape, as well as gain access to a network of researchers who have been there and done that - all the while benefiting from what they’ve learned
- The program runs 4 months, February to May 2024, and is a full-time commitment of 30-40 hours a week
- Offered free of cost
- $15,000 stipend available per accepted applicant team
- Access to mentors, industry experts and potential funders
Who Should Apply?
- Entrepreneurial Lead (main applicant) - full-time graduate student (Masters, Ph.D., or Postdocs) who has developed or is currently developing tech-based university research.
- Technical Lead (faculty member) - principal investigator (PI) for the research project