Out of 128 applications, four UBC affiliated ventures took home prizes from the New Ventures BC award ceremony on September 22nd, including first and second prize!
- $100,000 BCIC First Prize: DarkVision Technologies Inc.
- $55,000 BCIC Second Prize: Aspect Biosystems
- $20,000 BC Bioenergy Network Prize: MetaMixis
- $15,000 Vancity Social Venture Prize and $10,000 City Innovation Prize: Nanozen Environmental
Going into the ceremony, five of the top ten ventures were UBC-affiliated. Congratulations to these ventures!
- Aspect Biosystems
- Ecoation Innovative Solutions Inc.
- Nanozen Environmental Inc.
- DarkVision Technologies Inc.
- Project X Water Technologies
e@UBC is a proud supporter of all UBC related ventures and celebrates their many successes. Metamixis, Aspect Biosystems, and Nanozen Environmental have completed our Lean Launch Pad Accelerator program. Ecoation, Metamixis, Aspect, and Nanozen receive continued support from e@UBC’s Mentor Network, Open Office, and Seed Fund.