The Next 36 program provides key resources to young entrepreneurs with great ambitions. Each undergraduate selected is provided with 2 co-founders, up to $80,000 per venture, 2 mentors, 140 hours of instruction and other resources to conceive and launch a mobile or tablet venture. The program’s goal is to nurture Canada’s next generation of great entrepreneurs. It is supported by over 50 of Canada’s top business leaders, including Galen Weston and Nadir Mohamed.
Why should I apply to The Next 36?
- Capital. Up to $80,000 for your venture. The Next 36 is supported by an incredible investor group that includes Relay Ventures, Slaight Communications and Alignvest.
- Mentorship. Some of Canada’s top entrepreneurs and business leaders will be working directly with your venture. People like Jordan Banks, Head of Facebook Canada and Sarah Prevette, Founder of Sprouter. A list of mentors involved is available at www.thenext36.ca
- World-class Faculty. Professors from Harvard Business School, MIT, Rotman, Ivey and Wharton teaching content that is directly applicable to your venture.
- Incredible Advisory Resources. The program is supported by over 200 of Canada’s top business leaders, including Founding Patrons W. Galen Weston, Jimmy Pattison and Paul Desmarais Sr. You have access to advisors who are experts on mobile app development, social media, branding, venture financing and countless other topics.
- Incredible Benefits Provided by our Partners:
- $24K in Rackspace Cloud Hosting
- $22K in Crashlytics tech support
- $15K in Osler Legal Services
- Access to MaRS Market Research
- Ernst & Young Professional Services (finance, tax, media, etc.)
- Rogers Smartphone and plan
- A Phenomenal Peer network. Life-long relationships with some of Canada’s brightest and most ambitious young entrepreneurs.
- There are other programs that combine a few of these elements, but no other program combines all of them like The Next 36 and directly involves such an incredible calibre of entrepreneurs, faculty and students.
What should I expect from the program?
Expect to experience a paradigm shift in the way you define and tackle problems. Expect to learn more than you have at university. Expect to build life-long friendships with outstanding peers and relationships with top business leaders. Expect to be pushed out of your comfort zone and have your expectations increased dramatically.