LifeSciences BC will be hosting a sequence of entrepreneurship events for any Life Science startups on May 13th and May 21st!
May 13th event, Discovery Foundation TEP 2015 “How-To” Pitch Educational Event
On May 13th, 2015 Life Sciences BC will be inviting experts to provide interested companies with the resources to craft and/or refine their pitches and presentations to investors, including; advice on positioning, content (scientific vs. business), and how to address financing. Member companies are welcome to join this event on a first come first serve basis.
The session will cover:
- What are investors looking for in the life sciences?
- What are investors looking for in life sciences companies?
- What are the sources of capital available to life sciences companies?
- What are the elements that make a great pitch?
- Break-out sessions where companies can work on their pitches and presentations with experts
“HOW-TO” Pitch Session Speakers:
- Doug Janzen, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Northview Ventures
- Jerel Davis, Partner, Versant Ventures Management LLC
- Thealzel Lee, Vancouver’s Angel Technology Network (VANTEC); E-Fund
- Dr. Ali Tehrani, President & CEO, Zymeworks Inc.
The Session Speaker Program is being updated regularly. Please check the website for the latest additions.
- Date: Wednesday, May 13, 2015
- Time: 7:00AM – 5:00 PM
- To register click here: Full Day $60.00+ GST for a primary company representative (for LifeSciences BC Members) $100.00 + GST for two company representatives
May 21st event, “Access to Innovation Part 1: Investing in BC”
From the companies participating in the “How-To” Pitch session, a selection committee will invite a maximum of 14 companies to participate with an investors’ panel on May 21st, 2015. This full day event, with the objective of highlighting how investment drives the life sciences community of B.C., will be split up into two sections consisting of:
- Company investment opportunities
- R&D investment opportunities
The morning session will be addressing the topic of Access to Capital and will include a session where a number of companies will have the opportunity to pitch in front of investors. The afternoon sessions will have three components, focusing on R&D at the institutional, academic, and big pharma levels.
- Date: Thursday, May 21, 2015
- Morning Session: 7.30 – 12.00
- Lunch: 12.00 – 12.30
- Luncheon Keynote Speaker: Cedric Bisson – Teralys
- Afternoon Session: 1.15 – 5.00
- Afternoon Session Presenters: Heather Harris, Howard Feldman, Diane Finegood
- Location: Terminal City Club – 837 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
To register for the May 21st event, click here.