Resources & Competitions
*This resource page is updated every week on Thursdays with new opportunities to check out*
Programs & Accelerators
Check out Founders Beta for resources, jobs, coaches and more.
- Submit Your Innovation Story to UBC! Why You Should Care: Ventures can get the chance to showcase their story on ubc.ca – as simple as filling out this form here.
- Hardware Founder’s Collective: This Facebook community intends to support hardware founders in finding great advice, mentorship, discounts, and tools specific to hardware founders. Join here.
- *NEW* The UBC Bookstore partners with student entrepreneurs to promote and sell their products in store! Visit here for more information.
Prizes & Competitions
- Fundica Roadshow 2018. Apply by May 19th to pitch for up to 500,000$. Details.
- 2018 New York Venture Summit. June 10th-11th - Apply to present! Details.
- The Arcadier Inspire Virtual Summit and Business Challenge is for anyone interested in building and operating an online marketplace. The event will run from 1st April – 31st July 2018. It includes a Speaker Summit with 40+ global industry experts and a Marketplace Competition with up to US$250,000 worth of prizes to be won
- BC Tech Co-Op Grants Program The BC Tech Co-op Grants Program is delivered through co-op departments at BC post-secondary institutions to encourage students to work in tech. More Info Here.
- Mitacs - UBC startups can apply for national research funding Why You Should Care: This new program from Mitacs Canada can allow student-founded companies to receive funding for collaborative projects with university researchers
- International Doctoral Fellowship: Are you an international student interested in a doctoral program at UBC in Vancouver, Canada? The International Doctoral Fellowship program supports the top 35 doctoral applicants with more than $150,000 over 5 years. Graduate programs nominate their best applicants for this prestigious award based on academic excellence, research ability/potential and leadership skills. www.grad.ubc.ca/idf