Resources & Competitions
*This resource page is updated every week on Thursdays with new opportunities to check out*
Programs & Accelerators
- CDL (Creative Destruction Lab) Quantum Machine Learning Application The QML program includes business strategy coaching similar to all CDL programs as well as up to US $80,000 in equity funding, and allocated time on a D-Wave system. Apply by June 26
- Submit Your Innovation Story to UBC! Why You Should Care: Ventures can get the chance to showcase their story on ubc.ca – as simple as filling out this form here.
Prizes & Competitions
- Quake Capital Partners University Investor Series Why You Should Care: Virtual pitch-fest where student entrepreneurs from around the world gain experience by presenting to a panel of top NYC investors. Each month one winning team will be selected by the judges. This team will receive $5,000 in credits on the Amazon Web Services Platform.
- 3rd annual Interface Health Challenge X Why You Should Care: Global competition to bring digital health startups together, and allowing healthcare providers, venture capitalists and investors find innovation. Apply by June 30.
- BC Tech Co-Op Grants Program The BC Tech Co-op Grants Program is delivered through co-op departments at BC post-secondary institutions to encourage students to work in tech. More Info Here.
- Mitacs - UBC startups can apply for national research funding Why You Should Care: This new program from Mitacs Canada can allow student-founded companies to receive funding for collaborative projects with university researchers.
- Microsoft BizSpark program for software startups Why You Should Care: BizSpark offers all Microsoft development and test software to startups for free (eg. SQL Server, Azure) – worth over $11,000 CAD. e@UBC ventures have the opportunity to be considered for the Bizspark Plus program ($120,000 CAD Azure credits) and training. For more information, please email Preeth Kumar here.