Resources & Competitions
*This resource page is updated every week on Thursdays with new opportunities to check out*
Programs & Accelerators
- Medtech Reimbursement Intensive Why You Should Care: MaRS developed an online course on MedTech reimbursement covering Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia, and USA, with case studies for each market. Take the course.
- Online Market Validation Program Register.
- Participate in the Startup Genome Startup Genome is working to increase the success rate of startups and spread the global startup revolution. Find out how you can participate.
- Submit Your Innovation Story to UBC! Why You Should Care: Ventures can get the chance to showcase their story on ubc.ca – as simple as filling out this form here.
- Hardware Founder’s Collective: This Facebook community intends to support hardware founders in finding great advice, mentorship, discounts, and tools specific to hardware founders. Join here.
Prizes & Competitions
- TigerLaunch, Princeton University’s national entrepreneurship competition. Chance to win $30,000 in prize money. Apply by Dec 15
- Canadian Innovation Award The Canadian Innovation Awards celebrate the best and brightest in the Canadian Technology Community. Nominate by Dec 22
- Vision to Reality Application Form Celebrating Canada’s most forward-thinking and innovative organizations. Apply by Dec 22
- Genome Canada 2017 Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Competition Successful individual projects will be awarded funding for a term of up to three years. Register by Feb 1
- BC Tech Co-Op Grants Program The BC Tech Co-op Grants Program is delivered through co-op departments at BC post-secondary institutions to encourage students to work in tech. More Info Here.
- Mitacs - UBC startups can apply for national research funding Why You Should Care: This new program from Mitacs Canada can allow student-founded companies to receive funding for collaborative projects with university researchers
- International Doctoral Fellowship: Are you an international student interested in a doctoral program at UBC in Vancouver, Canada? The International Doctoral Fellowship program supports the top 35 doctoral applicants with more than $150,000 over 5 years. Graduate programs nominate their best applicants for this prestigious award based on academic excellence, research ability/potential and leadership skills. www.grad.ubc.ca/idf