Resources & Competitions
*This resource page is updated every week on Thursdays with new opportunities to check out*
Programs & Accelerators
- Medtech Reimbursement Intensive Why You Should Care: MaRS developed an online course on MedTech reimbursement covering Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia, and USA, with case studies for each market. Take the course.
- Next 36 / Next AI Why You Should Care: NEXT Canada is on the hunt for the country’s top entrepreneurs and innovators to join the 2018 cohort of Next 36 and NextAI. Find out more about the program at the info session on Sept 28.
- Cansbridge Fellowship Why You Should Care: A $6,000 scholarship helps our fellows gain experience and build a unique professional network in Asia. Apply by Oct 22.
- Submit Your Innovation Story to UBC! Why You Should Care: Ventures can get the chance to showcase their story on ubc.ca – as simple as filling out this form here.
- Hardware Founder’s Collective: This Facebook community intends to support hardware founders in finding great advice, mentorship, discounts, and tools specific to hardware founders. Join here.
Prizes & Competitions
- Quake Capital Partners University Investor Series Why You Should Care: Virtual pitch-fest where student entrepreneurs from around the world gain experience by presenting to a panel of top NYC investors. Each month one winning team will be selected by the judges. This team will receive $5,000 in credits on the Amazon Web Services Platform
- Aviva Community Fund ($150,000) Why You Should Care: The fund will provide a $150,000 prize to a current or aspiring social entrepreneur, who is between the ages of 18 and 25, and aims to develop an original solution that addresses the consequences of climate change. Apply by October 2
- Cascadia Venture Forum: Why You Should Care: Are you a BC-based health innovation start-up? Are you poised for Seed to Series A investment? APPLY NOW.
- Innovators in mining and resources sector Unearthed hackathon event connects local entrepreneurs, innovators and startups to challenges facing the global mining and resources sector. Apply for free ticket (value of $50) or message us to know how you can get tickets at 50% off.
- Queen’s Entrepreneur’s Competition International undergraduate startup competition, awarding over $75,000 to startups each year. Apply by October 30
- BC Tech Co-Op Grants Program The BC Tech Co-op Grants Program is delivered through co-op departments at BC post-secondary institutions to encourage students to work in tech. More Info Here.
AngelList launches Intros for Canada Why You Should Care: Giving Canadian startups more access to seed-stage funding. Apply by August 30
- Mitacs - UBC startups can apply for national research funding Why You Should Care: This new program from Mitacs Canada can allow student-founded companies to receive funding for collaborative projects with university researchers.
- Microsoft BizSpark program for software startups Why You Should Care: BizSpark offers all Microsoft development and test software to startups for free (eg. SQL Server, Azure) – worth over $11,000 CAD. e@UBC ventures have the opportunity to be considered for the Bizspark Plus program ($120,000 CAD Azure credits) and training. For more information, please email Preeth Kumar here.