Resources & Competitions
*This resource page is updated every week on Thursdays with new opportunities to check out*
Programs & Accelerators
- MM Community Business Project Why You Should Care: An opportunity for nonprofits, start-ups and social enterprises to get free business and marketing consulting from UBC Sauder Master of Management students, on a 4-month basis. Apply by May 1.
- Quake Capital Partners Fall Accelerator Why You Should Care: Receive $150k USD, 14 weeks of intense programming, and an office in the heart of NYC. No permanent relocation necessary. Apply by June 1.
- HATCH incubator applications Why You Should Care: Join the 2017-2018 HATCH cohort, where you get access to free office space, makerspace and mentorship, Apply by June 9.
- Submit Your Innovation Story to UBC! Why You Should Care: Ventures can get the chance to showcase their story on ubc.ca – as simple as filling out this form here.
- Pitch at the Fundica Roadshow Why Should Should Care: Opportunity to pitch for $1,000,000, and learn about important funding trends and opportunities. Register here.
Prizes & Competitions
- 2nd Annual FinTech Cup Why You Should Care: Up to $37,000 in cash prizes, with the chance to exhibit and demo at Sibos in front of 8,000 attendees and global banks. Apply by April 28.
- Quake Capital Partners University Investor Series Why You Should Care: Virtual pitch-fest where student entrepreneurs from around the world gain experience by presenting to a panel of top NYC investors. Each month one winning team will be selected by the judges. This team will receive $5,000 in credits on the Amazon Web Services Platform.
- Discovery Foundation Capital Mentorship Program Why You Should Care: Designed to help early-stage, for-profit entrepreneurs become more strategic in raising capital critical to accelerating their ventures. Apply by May 1.
- Mitacs - UBC startups can apply for national research funding Why You Should Care: This new program from Mitacs Canada can allow student-founded companies to receive funding for collaborative projects with university researchers.
- Microsoft BizSpark program for software startups Why You Should Care: BizSpark offers all Microsoft development and test software to startups for free (eg. SQL Server, Azure) – worth over $11,000 CAD. e@UBC ventures have the opportunity to be considered for the Bizspark Plus program ($120,000 CAD Azure credits) and training. For more information, please email Preeth Kumar here.
- Joule Innovation Grant Program Why You Should Care: As a Canadian Medical Association (CMA) company, Joule provides physicians with valuable products and services to help them perform at their best. Through the Joule Innovation program, CMA members have access to $150,000 in flexible funding to invest in their venture. Apply by May 1.