BCIC Ignite now open for applications
- BCIC has launched BCIC Ignite, which will provide funding to accelerate commercialization of new technologies and innovations within natural resources and applied sciences in BC. Up to $300,000 can be awarded to commercializable projects that address a significant problem faced by the industry.
- Apply by May 2 with your Letter of Intent for the Spring 2016 program.
BCIC expands access for the BC Tech Co-op Grants Program
- If your BC-based business is looking to accelerate its growth, the expanded BC Tech Co-op Grants Program provides funding to hire a student for organizations with 99 employees or less. Eligible companies can receive a $2,700 grant.
Check out these BCIC-sponsored events!
1. Medical Device Commercialization Playbook 2016 | March 31
- Starfish Medical is bringing together the Medical Device Commercialization Playbook, which will offer a day full of industry speakers and panels to discuss entrepreneurship.
- BCIC has a limited number of complimentary passes. Please contact Eunice Leung by March 21 to apply.
2. Last chance to apply for Metabridge 2016 | April 1
- Propel your company forward by connecting with venture capitalists, corporate executives and leading entrepreneurs at Metabridge 2016.
- This highly competitive process is designed for the best and brightest late seed or early Series A startups from across Canada.
- Apply now to be selected as a Top 15 Canadian startup.
3. Interzone | April 11 – 12
- Interzone connects startups with enterprise in a two-day conference that will feature thought leaders who are leveraging innovation.
- We have free passes for companies to exhibit in the BCIC pavilion. Contact Eunice Leung by March 23 to apply.
- Get 25% off your ticket by using the discount code BCIC-200OFF.
4. *NEW* New Ventures Competition and Seminars | Deadline: April 14
- The BCIC-New Ventures Competition is back for its 16th year and will be awarding over $300,000 in cash and prizes to the best tech startups in BC.
- The competition offers the opportunity to expand your business idea, meet like-minded entrepreneurs and grow your tech company.
- Deadline to apply is April 14.
5. 3rd Annual World Cup Tech Challenge | Deadline: April 15
- The Silicon Valley Forum is hosting the 3rd Annual World Cup Tech Challenge. The next generation of emerging technology companies from around the world will compete for the World Championship title in Silicon Valley.
- All startups are invited to apply to present at the 3rd Annual World Cup Tech Challenge. Apply by April 15.
6. PRAXIS 2016 | April 25 – 27
- Presented by the Rick Hansen Institute, PRAXIS 2016 will focus on identifying and overcoming barriers to translate research into outcomes for spinal cord injuries.
7. Intro to Cyber Security for Startups | March 24
- Launch Academy will be hosting this session to demystify cyber security for startups, and discuss how startups can prevent threats and preserve consumer trust.
- Receive a complimentary pass with code MissionControl.
8. *NEW* TechVancouver Meetup | March 29
- TechVancouver Meetup is the best way to expand your knowledge and network of the Vancouver technology community.
- Bringing together Vancouver’s tech leaders, innovators and enthusiasts, the meetup will also include five presentations of five minutes each from highly curated leaders and innovators.
9. *NEW* Join the Make Possible mentorship platform
- Developed by SCWIST (Society for Canadian Women in Science and Technology), Make Possible is a free mentoring platform aimed to advance women in science and technology careers.
- Their mission is to help women connect, collaborate and lead through a dedicated mentoring network in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math).
10. Industry Leading Lean Bronze Certification Training | Early Bird deadline: March 25
- Propel Solutions has launched their new training arm Propel University, where you will learn how to optimize operations and increase customer value through Lean Improvement Techniques in order to obtain your Lean Bronze Certification.
- Propel will be offering 20% off courses until March 25.
11. 2016 BC Technology Scholarship | Deadline: April 27
- The BCTIA’s BC Technology Scholarship Program provides grants to students who have a proven passion for technology, desire to work in a tech company, and are pursuing a post-secondary education in a technology-related discipline.
- Deadline for students to apply is April 27.
12. Joint call for applications CCEMC & SDTC | Deadline: April 13
- The Climate Change and Emissions Management Corporation (CCEMC) and Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) are offering a joint funding opportunity to Canadian SMEs, cleantech innovators and entrepreneurs.
- $40 million in total funding is available. Apply by April 13.