BCIC expands access for the BC Tech Co-op Grants Program
- Are you a BC company looking to accelerate the growth of your business? The expanded BC Tech Co-op Grants Program provides funding for organizations with 99 employees or less to hire a student. Non-profit organizations in the tech sector are now eligible for the grant. Not a tech firm? No problem, as long as you’re hiring a tech role. Apply for $2,700 in funding today at bcic.ca/techgrants.
Check out these BCIC-sponsored events!
- 1. Nominations open for the 2016 TIAs | Deadline: February 26
- The BCTIA Technology Impact Awards (TIAs) celebrate the successes of our industry and the companies, people and innovation that continue to put BC on the map.
- With 10 award categories, there’s something for every company. You can apply and nominate your fellow innovators until February 26
- 2. GLOBE 2016 | March 2–4
- GLOBE 2016 is an international conference, focused on sustainability and cleantech. It will bring together traditional and clean-energy sector leaders for debates, panels and side conversations.
- BCIC has a limited number of free Expo-only passes. Contact Eunice Leung by February 19 if you’re interested.
- 3. The Data Effect | March 11
- British Columbia has a massive opportunity in the new St. Paul’s Hospital. How can that opportunity be used to build a healthier city and a new health precinct that yields a stronger economy and creates jobs?
- CityAge Media is organizing the sixth edition of The Data Effect in Vancouver on March 11.
- BCIC has a limited number of free passes to attend. Contact Eunice Leung by February 19 to apply for a pass.
- 4. PROPEL 2016 | March 16 – 17
- Hosted in Calgary by PROPEL Energy Tech and global industry partners, PROPEL 2016 is the new Energy Technology Venture Forum that will bring together the most innovative and established energy technology companies.
- BCIC has a limited number of passes at a 30% discount. Use the code BCIC30 when registering.
- 5. Apply for Metabridge 2016 | Deadline: April 1
- Accelerate your company forward by connecting with venture capitalists, corporate executives and leading entrepreneurs at Metabridge 2016 in Kelowna June 9–10.
- Apply now to be selected as a Top 15 Canadian startup.
- 6. ACETECH Annual Summit in Whistler | April 6–8
- Spend three days with over 100 CEOs and work on your business—not in your business.
- Connect with world class leaders and discover cutting-edge thinking and best practices in the industry. Share your issues and learn from the experiences of like-minded CEOs.
- 1. Upcoming Spring Activator Workshops | February 18 and 24
- Spring will be hosting a number of workshops in Vancouver to help entrepreneurs grow and accelerate their business.
- Learn about tech startups, ideation and equity crowdfunding.
- 2. BCIT’s Drone Fair 2016 | February 20
- First of its kind in Western Canada, this event will entice, educate and elevate drone technology.
- BCIC has a limited number of free passes. Contact Eunice Leung to apply.
- 3. Apply to become a pitching company at Motorola Solutions Inc. | Deadline: February 29
- In April/May 2016, Motorola Solutions Inc. is visiting Eastern Canada. The opportunity provides a chance for all Canadian companies to pitch technology partnership, R&D, market solutions and opportunities for investment and acquisition.
- If you are a Series A or B company, apply to be considered for funding for Motorola Solutions Venture Capital.
- Contact Alexis Roy, Trade Commissioner, Consulate General of Canada in Chicago, by email or at 312-532-8817, for details on how to apply. Deadline is February 29.
- 4. *NEW* Carbon Capture and Conversion Technologies: Innovations, Challenges & Solutions | March 1
- Presented by Vancouver Enterprise Forum, this event will feature a national panel that will discuss efforts being made to convert CO2 to high value products.
- Learn about the challenges faced within the industry as they work to improve the economics of capture and discover new ways to convert emissions into carbon-based products.
- 5. UnTapped 2016: UnTapped Business Lunch | March 8
- Presented by the Open Door Group, UnTapped 2016 will bring together more than 400 BC business leaders in Vancouver within the tech community to discuss recruitment challenges in today’s workforce and retaining skilled talent to meet their needs.
- Attend the business luncheon and UnTapped launch with 300 employers, featuring keynotes from Randy Lewis of Walgreens and Kerry Jothen of Human Capital Strategies.
- Get an additional $5 off the early bird price (until Feb 16) or regular ticket price register with code Innovation@UnTapped2016.
- 6. *NEW* Western Innovation Initiative – Call for Proposals – Intake 3 | March 14
- The Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD) will be launching the third call for proposals for the Western Innovations (WINN) Initiative.
- The objective of WINN is to assist SMEs in commercializing new technology-based products, processes and services.
- 7. *NEW* LifeSciences BC’s 18th Annual LifeSciences BC Awards | April 21
- Presented by FARRIS, the 18th Annual Life Sciences BC Awards is an opportunity for the life sciences community to celebrate their work together.
- This year’s theme, Local Catalyst | Global Connectivity reflects those in our community who impact the local ecosystem so that BC can connect with the global life sciences community.
- Purchase your tickets before March 12 to take advantage of the Early Bird Ticket rates.
- 8. Silicon Valley AgTech Program: How Digital Technology is Transforming AgTech | April 18 – 21
- Presented by the Silicon Valley Forum, the 2016 AgTech Immersion Program will provide the opportunity to learn about some of the most popular topics of agriculture.
- Network with leading technology companies, prospective clients and industry experts.
- 9. *NEW* CanExport program to help companies seeking to develop new export opportunities
- CanExport will be providing up to $50 million over five years in direct financial support to SME’s in Canada to increase competitiveness of Canadian companies within export.
- 10. Apply for a Canada-BC Job Grant
- The goal of the Canada-BC Job Grant is to increase participation of British Columbians in the labour force and to help them develop necessary skills.
- The Canada-BC Job Grant program is open to applications from the Tech Sector, with an additional $500,000 to fund training for new and existing staff.
OTHER UPCOMING EVENTS
Intelligent Community “Strategic Doing” Workshop | February 23 | Nelson
Lunch & Learn: Succession Planning | February 23 | Penticton
First Annual Consulting Bowling Championship | March 2 | Vancouver
Ideas on Tap II – March Edition | March 2 | Kelowna
The Future of Retail – Profiting from New Opportunities in Technology | March 15 | Vancouver
Grub in the Hub: Canada’s Anti-Spam Law: Practicing Safe Email | March 18 | Vancouver
See the BCIC events page for complete event listings.