The BCIC-New Ventures Competition gives early-stage tech entrepreneurs education, mentorship, networking, and exposure to help build a successful venture. Participants also get the chance to compete for over $300,000 in cash and prizes.
Since 2001, this competition’s top companies have raised over $200 million dollars in financing and created more than 3100 jobs for British Columbians. More than 1,500 entrepreneurs, and many successful BC startups, have participated in the program. Each year, 150 business leaders donate their time to the competition as mentors and jury members.
Throughout the competition’s four rounds ventures will receive valuable feedback and opportunities to improve their idea and hone their strategy.
- Learn from some of BC’s top business experts at our education seminars
- Network with well-connected professionals in business, law, finance, government and academia
- Receive advice and insight from mentors (Rounds 2.5 and 3)
- Pitch condensed business plan to a panel of ‘angel’ investors, venture capitalists and industry experts (Round 4)
- Get a chance at over $300,000 in prize packages
The BCIC-New Ventures Competition is open to any BC resident, team or business with an innovative technology product or service that has not yet secured significant financing from external investors (i.e. investors other than friends, family and company founders).
Learn more at http://www.newventuresbc.com/the-competition/.