The Next 36 is one of Canada’s leading entrepreneurship programs designed specifically for extraordinary undergraduates launching entrepreneurial initiatives. Each year during an 8-month program, 36 young entrepreneurs from across Canada are brought together in Toronto and are mentored by Canada’s top business leaders, taught by award-winning business faculty, and work to earn funding from top venture capitalists as they launch tech-based startups.
The Next 36 Alumni have:
- Founded revenue-generating businesses
- Received awards such as Top 20 Under 20, TD Scholarships, Duke of Edinburgh, Millennium Excellence
- Excelled as social entrepreneurs
- Won hackathons, business plan competitions, science fairs, participated in Shad Valley
- Held internships with Google, Facebook, LinkedIn and other high profile tech companies
- Competed at an international level in sport, music and dance
What kind of students apply?
The Next 36 is interested in students with:
- An entrepreneurial track-record
- Strong academic performance
- Strong leadership skills
- The potential to build internationally significant organizations
Eligibility: University undergraduates from all academic backgrounds in their final two years of study or who have graduated within the past 6 months. Students must be Canadian citizens.
Attend Info Session on Sept 30th
UBC Students have an incredible opportunity to accelerate their entrepreneurial learning by working alongside entrepreneurs from across Canada. The Next 36 is hosting an information session on September 30, 2014 at UBC. Location is to be determined.
Visit The Next 36 website to apply! Application webinars and information sessions will be held online throughout August and September.